WELCOME TO THE 2019 BOWL SHOW.
WE NEED A TOTAL OF 30 CATEGORIES THERE WILL BE 2-3 PER MONTH.
SO WHAT WOULD U LIKE TO SEE FOR THE 2019 BOWL SHOW
2. Old World Cichlids
3. Arts & Crafts – must be homemade by
1. Dwarf Cichlids – all types – 3″ or
smaller at maturity
2. Betta Splendons – Male & Female
3. Pairs Class – Egglayers – must be
2. New World Cichlids
3. Aquatic Plants – only crypts and swords
1. Guppies – Male & Female
2. Cories – Aspidoras, Brochis Catfish
1. Danios & Minnows
2. All Aquatic Ferns
1. All Other Anabantoids
2. Suckermouth Catfish – Pleco types
3. Pairs Class – Livebearers – must be
2. Sharks, Loaches & Eels
3. Goodeid Livebearers
1. All Aquatic Moss Plants
3. Freshwater Invertebrates
1. All Other Livebearers
2. All Other Catfish
3. All Other Fish
It’s Show Time!!! – Six Successful Tips by David Ayres
David Ayres, YATFS member since its inception, and former judge from coast to coast within the
A) Is this fish mature size? – according to size standards in reference books
B) Is this fish in good color? – again, check pictures/description in book
C) Is this fish healthy? – shows no signs of disease; eating well; active
D) Is this fish in show condition? – no split fins; no missing scales; well fed
E) Does this fish show well? – “Type A” personality
2) DETERMINE THE CLASS YOUR FISH BELONGS IN
A) Read the show schedule of classes ahead of time.
B) Ask the show chairperson if you are not sure.
3) KNOW THE SHOW RULES
A) Read through the rules a couple of times to make sure you understand them.
B) Take your copy of show rules with you.
C) Double check as to tank requirements.
4) BRING YOUR OWN WATER
A) Fish often don’t react well to changes in water chemistry.
(They may even die in radically different water than they are used to)
B) Have your own water conditioner on hand.
C) Bring a little more than needed in case you have to make an unexpected change.
5) HAVE THE RIGHT EQUIPMENT TO EXHIBIT THE FISH
A) Clean tank, background, and secure lid
B) Airline, valves, and airstones
C) Scissors and hole punch
D) Small siphon tube and clean, dry towel
E) Bucket and siphon for breaking down
6) BE A GOOD SPORT, HAVE FUN, AND GOOD LUCK!
A few reminders about the bowl show:
- Make sure your bowl has at least one flat side for best judging.
- Don’t forget to register so we know how to assign points.
- Write down the variety on the registration.
- Points are given as follows:
1st place = 4 points
2nd place = 3 points
3rd place = 2 point
- You get 1 point per category for entering if you place you get only awarded points.